Autumn? Sort of. Wardrobe crisis? Definitely.

I love Autumn. I just wish that it would hurry up and actually get here now as I am sick to death of having a wardrobe crisis every morning.

We’re at that awkward time of year where I’m not sure whether I should still be clinging on to my Birkies or cracking out my boots. I’m not quite ready to get out the opaques just yet but I think my days of floating around in a maxi dress are definitely over. So what’s a girl to do? I spend my mornings huffing over having NOTHING to wear and revert back to my wardrobe staple of skinnies and ballet flats. That’s what.

Black cardigan – Ralph Lauren, black vest – H&M, petrol skinny jeans - M&S, London tote bag – Lulu Guinness, ballet flats – Georgia Rose (c/o Sarenza – see review here

In the meantime of course, my poor postman is being weighed down every day by brochure after brochure of the new Autumn/Winter clothes that I can’t afford to buy. I have a wishlist as long as my arm. Well actually, probably as long as both of my arms. I think I am definitely going to invest in some ankle boots though. It’s just a (not too) small matter of finding the perfect pair……

About (Mostly) Yummy Mummy

Blissfully happy (mostly) yummy mummy to four children and (occasional) domestic goddess. Aspiring author and blogger extraordinaire.
This entry was posted in Fashion and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Autumn? Sort of. Wardrobe crisis? Definitely.

1. Angie says:

In that case check out the plum biker boot I posted this morning!

2. stephstwogirls says:

Gotta love a ballet shoe though! I need to go warm weather clothes shopping……. Yay!

3. stephstwogirls says:

Doh, sorry, I meant cold weather shopping! Much more fun!

4. Rachel says:

Totally agree – I am struggling too – succumbed to opaques for work this morning, and now I am in my skinny jeans and ballet pumps. Have seen sooo many AW things I want to buy!

5. Looking good as ever, I am so not prepared for the cooler weather but with the bump I might be the right temp. x

6. HonestMum.com says:

Looking gorge-I adore Autumn/Winter and found some gorgeous finds recently (just posted about it now!) Can’t wait to get back into normal wardrobe and shop!

7. I agree, real dilemma. Hate being chilly but so don’t want to pack away the summer stuff yet. And as for bloody Boden, I have at least 53 of their new catalogues now – when will they ever stop???

8. PhotoPuddle says:

Oh I am having exactly the same problem. It felt like all four seasons in one day today! And it’s not just me. I have no idea what to dress the kids in either.