The one where I can’t wait for it to be my birthday

I’m not big on birthdays. Well, not my own anyway. I don’t particularly like being reminded of just how old I am. I normally have to work out my age on my fingers and it’s usually quite an unpleasant surprise. Once I have remembered what year we are actually in that is. Is it just me that has lost the ability to retain this sort of information? It’s probably an age thing. Hmmm. And of course, there was that time when Mr Mostly kindly pointed out that I was a whole year older than I thought I was. Now that was a dark day. But we won’t mention that.

040Of course that doesn’t mean that I can’t use an upcoming (and much dreaded) birthday as an excuse to buy something wonderful. I might not like birthdays but I do like presents. And when I saw that the new Lulu Guinness tees for Uniqlo were being launched in the UK this week, it seemed like the most perfect of ways to cushion the blow of that looming date. There are nine designs in total, all of which are absolutely bloody gorgeous and if I could have, I would have ordered the lot seriously.

The only thing was, when I suggested to Mr Mostly that he buy me two for my birthday, I wasn’t expecting him to confiscate them upon their arrival. Everybody knows that your allowed to have an early birthday present as well as an actual birthday present, right? Wrong. He has squirrelled them both away. But looking on the bright side, it does mean that for the first time in a long long time, I can’t wait for it to be my birthday!

love-mostly

About Sarah Maginnis

Blissfully happy (mostly) yummy mummy to four children and (occasional) domestic goddess. Aspiring author and blogger extraordinaire.
This entry was posted in Fashion and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to The one where I can’t wait for it to be my birthday

1. carla says:

I love the polka dot one! Not sure i’d be brave enough to wear it though! Happy Early Birthday ;)

2. Booo Mr Mostly!! They look gorge! How many sleeps til you can wear them?!?!

3. Mayfair Mum says:

Happy Birthday!

4. Louise says:

I’ve just had a confirmation email to say mine is on it’s way!! I love them, thank you for sharing. I’ve ordered the black stripey one after seeing your post earlier. I agree it is very mean to make you wait!!

5. The one with eyes is gorgeous! Happy birthday :)

6. PhotoPuddle says:

Ooo, love these. You lucky lady. I know how you feel actually. It was my birthday this week and because my hubby wasn’t sure what to get me we went out shopping and bought me some clothes. We agreed I wouldn’t get anything until my birthday though. This was made even more painful by the fact that he didn’t actually hide the carrier bags. He just left them on the bedroom floor for ages. I was very impressed with my willpower. I didn’t rummage through the bags once!

7. Ooh they look fab; love their surrealist edge! Happy birthday to you (soon). I’m sure Mr Mostly will have more surprises up his sleeve x

8. DD's Diary says:

I got one of these for my 17-yr-old, the one with the cat and mouse print and little collar. It’s adorable. I would have got the rest for myself but I look terrible in black! A big problem with Lulu Guinness as she never uses anything else :(

9. Happy early birthday! It’s always nice to have something to look forward to in the gift department:) Although I am quite familiar with the torture of having to wait ;)

10. Grenglish says:

Gorgeous! I am not big on my own birthday either but do love to make a fuss of others on theirs. I bought my own Christmas presents from the Greek God(zilla) and Z last year and like you was shocked to have them confiscated, wrapped and told not to touch them until Christmas Day!