More on Monday..

Yesterday I took part in Silent Sunday – my week in one picture and no words and here was my picture..

Some of you you, in fact most of you, correctly guessed that these dresses were my long shortlist of what to wear to CyberMummy next week! Although I’ll never know how so many of you guessed, I’ve hardly mentioned my quest for a perfect dress at all on Twitter *cough*

Okay so that might be a lie. I have been looking for the perfect outfit for weeks now and I know that I’m not the only one. And hey, I’m not going to apologise for being such a girl! Yes, it doesn’t matter what I wear on the day, no, nobody will even remember what I wear blah blah blah but do you know what? It matters to me. I’m not stressing about looking good enough – in fact quite the opposite! I love clothes and I love shopping so what a fabulous excuse for me to indulge in looking at and buying pretty dresses. Call me vain but I care about my appearance and that is no bad thing, surely? I would put as much effort into choosing what to wear for lunch with friends in real life so why wouldn’t I go to the same effort for the biggest date in the parenting blogging calendar? In fact, deciding what I am going to wear is actually part of the fun and excitement for me!

It is going to be a long day which is why I have chosen my usual ‘uniform’ of a maxi dress as that’s how I feel the most comfortable. I still haven’t decided which of the dresses I am going to wear in case you were wondering and they are in fact still hanging on the wardrobe door for me to ponder over every time I go into the bedroom. And yes, I probably do have too much time on my hands if I spend so long thinking about dresses πŸ˜‰

But I have made one decision though and that is on my shoes! So my feet will be looking something like this on Saturday..

..so if I don’t make my mind up, I might just be wearing these and an artistically placed iPad πŸ˜‰

29 thoughts on “More on Monday..

1. Susan Mann says:

I liked the blue dress. But yes I understand your predicament. I don’t think I was as bad last year but everyone keeps going out about outfits I thought I should too, but I think I’m sorted. I have to be it’s a busy week for me. x

2. Surprised Zoe says:

Every time I decided not to panic about my frock, I also re-decide to panic!

Not sure I can wear the frock I have chosen so maybe with you in a maxi dress! Not the same one of course – that would be odd…

Anyway, I think I am more afraid of spending the day in a corner watching the world go by!

P.s. With shoes like that no-one will mind you accessorising with just an iPad.

3. Emma @ Mummy Musings says:

They all look lovely but I like the 2nd one across the best I think.

I still haven’t decided what to wear. I’m flitting between a maxi dress, skinny jeans and floaty top or white canvas trousers (no top decided for that combo).

I even went shopping in my lunch hour today and couldn’t find anything!

4. Kirsty says:

Excellent post! Of course it’s natural to wonder what to wear, clothes are a valid and good way to express your personality and have fun. I think those saying “nobody cares what you wear” are being more than a little disingenuous, I very much doubt they’ll be throwing on any old thing from the bottom of the wardrobe. I don’t think people at Cybermummy will be ‘judging’ each other on what they wear, but at the same time, a person’s choice of clothing does give you a little insight into what they’re like.

Personally, I’m torn between jeans and a casual but classic kinda top, a normal, tunic-y dress, a quirky dress and a majorly quirky party skirt and vest combo. No idea how I’ll make the final decision! (maybe I’ll Instagram them and take votes??)

5. Lucy (theprojectlab) says:

Completely agree πŸ™‚ Like it or not clothes are often the first thing people see when you meet them (unless you wear glasses and then they take over, observed from being a glasses wearer for over 20 years!) and they help make you feel like, well ‘you’.

I’m currently thinking jeans and top but only because that’s what I usually wear πŸ™‚ I think I’ll have a few options and then decide dependent on the weather. I hate being too hot or too cold. As for the glasses I can’t decide, glasses or contact lenses??

Really looking forward to meeting you all and I’ll try not to ramble on like in this comment πŸ™‚ Lx

6. Anne says:

I would seriously think about wellington boots and thermals under your maxi dress, it is peeing down here and not expected to get any better. Totally get the looking nice bit, just spent two hours trying on hats for a wedding on Saturday and let’s face it, they will be looking at the bride not me, but I want to look special. Have a grea trip to Cybermummy.
    PS I like the one with pink in it but take a brolly!!

7. mummylimited says:

I think it’s perfectly normal to think about what to wear and i bet if people were honest they would admit to feeling the same. Who wouldn’t want to make a good impression in a room full of people that you’ve never met, or at least most of them.
    Up until today I was fine with what I was wearing, I don’t have much to choose from as not much fits me, but managed to get into a skirt last week and was really chuffed. However, today I suddenly thought I’d look too twee and frumpy, plus am worried about it showing every baby sick or milk spill! I don’t really want to wear jeans but really don’t have time to shop. I don’t know what to do!!!

I saw the photo yesterday but didn’t have the chance to comment, also couldn’t decide which I liked best (see I’m as interested in what you wear as much as what I wear) I think I like the 2nd left best, love the print.

• (mostly) yummy mummy says:

I couldn’t agree more. I do want to feel good on the day and yes, I do want to make a good impression. I’ve waited so long to meet so many of you and hey, this is a big day for me! For starters I get to meet YOU! I can’t tell you how happy I was when I saw your tweets the other day πŸ™‚

8. would like to be a yummy mummy says:

Love the shoes. I don’t think there is anything vain about wanting to look nice when you meet a load of new people. I am spending a whole day with my sister and no children… definitely an excuse to put on a dress I think x

9. pamperedmummy says:

Love your dresses. I think you are totally right for wanting to look good on Saturday. You are promoting yourself, and lots of people judge a person by how thy look and on first impressions. I am still unsure what to wear, but that is me all over! Looking forward to meeting you, I’m sure you will look fab what ever you choose.