Happy blogoversary to me!

It really doesn’t feel like two whole years ago that I first sat down to start my blog (after much encouragement and support from my lovely chum Susan) but on the other hand, it has become such a huge part of my life that I can’t remember a time when I didn’t have it!

I’ve had a bit of an extended break over Christmas and New Year. I planned on taking a bit of a breather but then life just sort of got in the way and the break ended up being much longer than I planned. But a very very good friend of mine pointed out just how much work and love that I had put into my blog to make it what it is today. And they were right of course. They normally are. You know who you are… But anyway, it was in fact just the kick up the backside that I needed. So thank you!ย I have other really exciting writing projects lined up this year which I am sure I will share with you at some point, but it really is time to blow the dust off my lovely old blog. So here I am. Back again. And it feels rather fitting that today is the second anniversary of when it all began.

Before writing this post, I found myself looking through the archives of my last year in blogging and it was a good reminder of just what a fabulous year I have had. This last year has been a bit of a rollercoaster for us as a family, with absolute highs that have come crashing down to absolute lows then all the way back up again. But through everything, my blog has been my constant. My happy place in fact. And coming into the New Year, things for now at least seem much calmer on so many fronts and long may this continue.

After enjoying following my lovely friend Mummy Limited’s 365 Project last year, I’ve decided to join in. So I’m going to be doing a photo a day for the whole of this year over on Instagram and Posterous. (This year is actually a leap year, so it is in fact a 366 Project) I decided to keep this project separate to my main blog as I really didn’t want to bore you all to death with pictures of my cats I wanted to keep it all together as one project. I’m already looking forward to looking back at all my pictures at the end of the year!

I can’t write this post without getting soppy for just a moment and thanking you all for reading of course. This last year (well, two years in fact!) just wouldn’t have been the same without you all. I have been truly astounded by the support I’ve received and the amazing friendships that I have formed. And of course, here’s hoping that you will stick around for another year!

34 thoughts on “Happy blogoversary to me!

1. PhotoPuddle says:

Happy blogoversary!! I just celebrated my two year one too. It’s funny how many people are just hitting the two year mark. When I started blogging and discovering new blogs I thought everyone had been at it for ages.

2. Natasha says:

Happy 2 year blogiversary! (is that how it us spelt?!) Your blog has been so inspiring to me, full of gorgeous pictures, great writing and engaging and funny posts. I just hope I can keep mine going for 2 years!
    Natasha xx

3. Ali says:

Happy blog day ๐Ÿ™‚ only yesterday I came here to see what had happened to you. See you were missed from my inbox ๐Ÿ™‚ I am an old fashioned girl and like my favourite blogs emailed to me, that RSS thingy is just not for me!!!
    Looking forward to lots of yummy things, mostly!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ x

4. Gavin Cruickshank says:

Congratulations on two years in the blogosphere. I’ll shortly be celebrating eight years, during which time I’ve written nearly twelve hundred entries, so here’s to many more of yours.

Even in the age of Twitter, I think that over the next few years, people will tire of short throwaway updates and that there will be a revival of long-form blogging.

Oh wow! You make me feel like such a newbie! I don’t think I’d even heard of a blog eight years ago – in fact – I know that I hadn’t! Here’s to many more years for both of us ๐Ÿ™‚

5. mummylimited says:

I also started at the same time as you and have let my 2 year blogoversery slip by unnoticed, which I am gutted about.
    I am so glad you are posting again and am so chuffed that my Project 365 inspired you to do you own. I love your photos on IG and feel they really show ‘you’. I loved doing it last year and found that while comments were lovely, I didn’t need them in the same way I do with the blog. It became more about me and my life and family than anything else. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.
    xx

Thank you so much. I know just what you mean about the comment thing. I must admit that the whole project feels so different to my blog and I’m pleased I kept it separate now. I’m really enjoying it so far but I just hope I can keep it up for the full year!

6. theperfectbadmummy says:

Glad to have you back lady – can’t believe I only found you a few months ago – I may have to have an archive trawl!

7. Icklebabe says:

Aw Hun, so sorry I missed your bloggy anniversary, been having a bit of a mare of a time lately ๐Ÿ˜‰ but I’m here now, so many happy returns beautiful chum … If it helps, yours was one of the first blogs i ever read and continue to read on a proper regular basis … Because your fab, so there ๐Ÿ˜‰ x