Five things that you (possibly) don’t know about me

Five things that you possibly don’t know about me..

And possibly don’t want to know..

But here goes anyway..

1) I save the wishing bones from chickens in a little cup in the kitchen. I like to store them up in case one day I really really need them to make a really special wish. Then ever so often my Other Half will come across the little cup and mumble something about it being weird that I keep bits of chicken carcass in a cup and he throws them away. I still maintain that he is the weird one. But there you go.

2) The nails on my left hand grow faster than the nails on my right hand. In fact, the nails on my right hand hardly seem to grow at all. I have also developed a bit of a glitter habit just lately although this is not much of a secret.

3) I absolutely love Friends. I can watch it over and over again. And I often do. I also declare that just about every other episode is my favourite episode ever. Oh and the final episode makes me cry buckets. Every. Single. Time.

4) When I was little, my sister wanted a dog and I wanted a mouse so my parents ‘compromised’ and we got a dog and called it Mouse. Some months later he escaped through the cat flap never to be seen again. So then we got a goldfish and called it Spider. Go figure.

5) I seem to have developed OCD tidying tendencies. Not in our actual house. (In fact, I have actually come to learn just how little cleaning you can get away with in place of spending my afternoons writing and still get away with not quite living in a hovel) But in the girls’ dolls house. I just can’t stop myself from tidying it and I can feel myself physically twitch when they mess up the little rooms and do things like put the toilet in the living room.

So there you have it. Five things that you (possibly) never knew about me and five minutes of your life that you will (definitely) never get back. Youโ€™re welcome.

30 thoughts on “Five things that you (possibly) don’t know about me

1. fsmumlaire says:

As usual you made me chuckle. I especially like your point in bullet 5 where you say ‘actually come to learn just how little cleaning you can get away with in place of spending my afternoons writing and still get away with not quite living in a hovel’. Sounds just like me!

2. mettephebs says:

Ah… so relieved to hear I’m not the only one who loves Friends (more than everybody els). I can watch it again and again, can’t tell which episode is my favourite, I love them all! I also get annoyed when my daugther mess up (as in play with) her dolls house and put things in the wrong roooms. Brilliant post and so lovely to hear I’m not the only one:)

3. Kate says:

Number 2. I’m assuming you’re right handed? I’m left handed and the nails on my right hand grow faster so I’m guessing that we wear the nails down on the hand we use the most. Does that make sense?

4. PhotoPuddle says:

I am so with you on Friends. It’s my favourite show ever and I can watch it again and again and never get bored. And yup, like you the final episode ALWAYS makes me cry so I have to make sure hubby’s not around when I watch it. The one where Chandler and Monica get engaged often gets me blubbing a little too.

5. Multi Layer Mummy says:

how funny, I used to do the chicken wishbone thing too!! OH is now a veggie so we wished on them all & that was that & no, none of my wishes came true, probably too adventurous for the poor little bones ๐Ÿ™‚ My hair & nails all grow like weeds, always trimming a fringe or lopping off nails :))

6. Susan Mann says:

lol love the OCD doll house, I am like that with the playmobil stuff. That is weird about the dog, they don’t normally run away do they. I love the wishbone bit, that makes me love you even more twinny. however can you send me one ๐Ÿ™‚ x

7. Nic @Strawbry_Blonde says:

haha love this post…

no1 is very cute
    no2 ditto, same for my eyelashes!
    no3 I’ll take or leave Friends – think I overdosed in past!
    no4 funny as
    no5 with you on the writing vs cleaning & the doll’s house!

Nic x

8. Morgan Prince says:

Friends is the best American series ever made! Me and hubby know pretty much every line and often quote them. I think we’ve watched all the series about 10 times and continue to want to watch them over and over again. The last episode does me in too! Hubby always laughs at me, he says “but you know what’s coming, you’ve seen it loads. Why do you still cry?” What he doesn’t understand is that I’m crying because it’s ending. I believe that Monica, Rachel and Pheobe were all genuinely crying. Maybe that’s what gets to me?

9. Midlifes Singlemum says:

hahaha I love dolls’ houses too and spend far more time in ours than does the 3yo it was intended for. There are some things I never had as a child that I’m still making up for now I think.

10. mettephebs says:

Oddparent is happy to award you with the VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD ๐Ÿ™‚

Recipients of this award are asked to:
    1.Thank the person that nominated their blog for the award with a backlink to them.
    2.List 7 things about themselves. (I have not posted mine yet because I was too excited to pass on the award)
    3.Award 15 blogs The Versatile Blogger Award and notify them about it.

I always enjoy reading your blog:)

Mette:)